Aerials Amateur Football Club (A.F.C.) was established by Peter Dreyer in 1939 in German Town in Upper Kloof Street. Initially the club struggled to attract membership, but in 1944 a host of players joined the club’s ranks, largely from the Bloemhof Flats in District Six. The club was affiliated to the Alliance Football Association, which was based at the Rosmead Sports Ground. Training also took place on Green Point Common.
The majority of trophies on display were donated by Denver D’Oliveira, an administrator with the Western Cape Football Association, which was launched in 1904 in Maitland, Cape Town.
YMO was established in 1917 and its first base was the Methodist Church on the corner of Chapel and Sydney Streets in District Six. The club was originally known as Young Men’s Own Bible Class Football Club but this was later shortened to Young Men’s Own F.C. (YMO). In the 1960s the forced removals from District Six greatly affected the members of the club who were displaced to different areas on the Cape Flats, resulting in the club losing the bulk of their players.
Stephanians FC was formed in 1924 in Loader Street, Green Point by the Pastor, Andrews, Meyer and Groenewald families. Initially based at Green Point Common, the club left for Rosmead Sports Ground in Kenilworth in 1945. The club played their football at Rosmead for almost 20 years before forced removals started in Green Point. Players were therefore used to traveling and this softened the disruptive effects that other football clubs could not overcome.